Existing Member?

The Daley Planet

Safe Arrival

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 6 April 2007 | Views [425]

Not much blog worthy information yet but ive decided to start in the hope that this will prompt me to continue :-)

After a 4HOUR wait in the adelaide airport I left oz and arrived in nz on monday (02/04/07). My new boss (rob) picked me up and thankfully, thus far, he seems as good as he sounded on the phone (v excited about working with him).

I had Tuesday off to look around and organise paperwork, bank accounts etc.

Wednesday was my orientation day with my boss, when i discovered the true extent of the challenge which is to begin next week (updates on work to come later once i find my feet a little :-)

Thursday i put my boss and his family on the plane for their 5week holiday and now i have taken over their house and car :-)

Now i have easter off before i begin work properly next week.

Biggest challenge thus far is trying to remember all the new things ive had to learn and i havent even begun work yet! i am trying to commit to memory

  • New bank account with 2 new passwords,
  • House alarm and code (the alarm itself provides a pretty prompt reminder of its existance but im trying to not scare the neighbours every time i get home), 
  • Computer password, 
  • House location (somewhat useful when trying to get home :-),
  • Car type and colour (so i can find it in carpark!),
  • Directions to hospital/work, and 
  • Crazy give way roadrules (when turning i have to remember to do whatever i think is wrong!)... 
  • And im sure theres more that ive forgotten already :-)

Anyway, thats my start :-) I will endevour to fill in the missing month prior to nz, including the darwin-adelaide roadtrip, soon.

Tags: Work

About xxd


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.