Existing Member?

NEW YORK: A PLACE YOU’D CERTAINLY BE ADDICTED TO

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry - My Big Adventure

WORLDWIDE | Saturday, 12 March 2011 | Views [232] | Scholarship Entry

This land is your land, this land is my land from California to the New York Island, i keep humming the lyrics each time I remember my visit to New York City. My whole trip in the United States was great... more than perfect, though New York was my favorite city, knowing that we only had 3 nights once we arrived we changed & went directly to times square... it was so cool with all this ads & banners & the fact that people are still awake after 12 am was magnificent we kept walking there till like 3 am..

The second day we went for a long walk in wall street then we went to ground zero where the world trade towers used to be, we kept walking till we reached Brooklyn bridge , it was fantastic and I can tell you that Brooklyn bridge is my favorite spot in the entire universe.. we had NY famous pizza in Brooklyn then we took the subway to china town, there we saw FRIENDS’ famous red building and bought lots of stuff: suit cases, I love NY t-shirts, key chains and postcards, I bought a cool Chinese lamp written on it good luck, the prices in china town are actually very cheap and the people there are so nice..Later we went to SoHo but we were very late as most of the shops were closed so we went back to the hotel...

The third day we went for a tour in the United Nations headquarter, afterward we went to circle line sightseeing cruise to see the statue of liberty, we took dozens of pictures for the statue alone & for us with the statue … after the cruise we headed to central park where we enjoyed the magnificent green sceneries there and visited John Lennon memorial, one of my friends insisted on going to the empire state building we stood in the lines for 2 hours but the view was worth waiting.. We had great pictures for New York... it was so beautiful... Here my New York days came to an end, next day in the morning we had the bus & went directly to Washington DC …

Tags: #2011writing, travel writing scholarship 2011

About xplore


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.