Existing Member?

Little Woman on the Move

Juarez

MEXICO | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [233] | Scholarship Entry

My aunt Maria who lives in Juarez, Mexico has always told me that I was born with a divine spirit, a spirit in which was born to love and to cherish, people and life. She has told me that at the age of 4, I had a soft spot for the boy who used to live next door to her. As she recalls, he was 13 and every summer evening he would ride his bicycle up and down the sidewalk. I would gasp at the sight of him, and sigh his name with broken pronunciation. I would also ride at the back end of his bicycle, all while holding onto him dearly.
However, not too long ago I had a similar experience.
I'll never forget the day that I rode in the back end of a motorcycle, in the back end with the very same boy as we ventured all throughout the city of Juarez. This daring journey, made me recall my previous experience in which my aunt has mentioned to me time and time again. Making me recognize that I am the same person in which she explained, a person who has passion. I have also acknowledged that by making the decision of taking this trip, that I have rekindled my youthful spirit, letting go of every worry I had at that time, by laughing and smiling all due to the big dose of adrenaline built up inside my gut.
As we ventured off into the hectic city streets, I was thrilled and excited, it has made me capture a different aspects of the city. The trip was priceless, but at the end of the day we said our goodbyes. I praise that our paths have intersected once again, but we ended our reunion with deep appreciation, about the past. Our lives have changed throughout the years as so did our differences and directions in life.
I frequently visit Juarez and other parts of Mexico due to the great number of family members and friends living there. However, I see my visits as a great opportunity in which I can familiarize myself with my roots and to really learn who I am as an individual. Through these experiences of going to Mexico, I have found great pleasure and joy with those who I love. I have found myself yearning for more wisdom, for life and as to who I am. My roots are established, but yet I am still growing. I want to take the opportunity in perhaps being a part of this Euro road trip, so I can learn independently about myself and learn about different cities, cultures, and or traditions. Including, writing my experiences down so I can some how have an impact on the world and making the world acknowledge the differences in each and everyone and that it is all okay.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About xchelzin


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.