Existing Member?

Trains Home

Stockholm to Denmark

DENMARK | Friday, 5 March 2010 | Views [298]

Cycled 8km in the dark, on icy roads with snow falling to Stockholm Central station.  Garmin GPS brilliant, kept rerouting me as I made wrong turnings.  Got the 11.06 sleeper to Malmo. Caught the 6.42 train to Copenhagen.  The bridge/tunnel is not particularly notable.  Had breakfast on the station and managed to change my Chinese currency into Danish Kroner.  Then cycled 80 km (should have been 65km) to Koge.  In Koge library now typing this.  The weather was bitingly cold but the sun shone so it was a nice ride here.  The weather seems to be on the change so maybe I will have to change plans tomorrow.  Copenhagen is easier to cycle in than Beijing, they have cycle paths everywhere just like Beijing but the Danes have controlled crossings so you feel safer.  The paths in the country are nearly as good, I used a few back roads but mostly got here on cycle paths.

The Garmin "hoy'd a wobbler" (a traditional Geordie expression) at 60km and insisted I should cycle around what it said was a golf course and deleted the track it was navigating. I followed the signs instead, the long distance paths are mostly very well signposted.

About wrdc60


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Denmark

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.