Existing Member?

I believe in global citizenship. The Entire world is were I belong.

What’s wrong with you Poznan?

EGYPT | Wednesday, 7 May 2014 | Views [181] | Scholarship Entry

I loved the city. Really it was great. I liked the main square, the citadel and the lake.
But (There is always a “but” in every city) I have only one complain.
I think this is the motto of the city, “If you don’t know polish, go fuck yourself”!!!
No translation about monuments, churches or Buildings!! How would I know the story of the city then?
You even have a museum about Poland in Poznan Train Station, with no single word of foreign language. So who is the museum for? Polish people?!!
Come on, at least write “Men or women on bathrooms”. Even a drawing, it is not that damn hard. I went into the ladies room by mistake and I would have done “my business” there if that woman didn’t yell at me with some polish I didn’t understand. But it was clear enough that I was not in the right place.
I saw some beautiful sites. Really impressive architecture, but I still know nothing about them. No banners or description or even small notes in English.
Let me give you a piece of advice, you have a beautiful city. Don’t ruin the fun and try to be more an attraction point.
By the way, Why “Le PACHA” –yeah, the famous club- is opening on just next to a huge church! Right on the walls of this church, you can find the huge sign of Le PACHA! Just in the city center. From where I come from, it’s a bit strange. Believe me, I am not a religious person, but I still don’t think is appropriate.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About worldcitizen


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.