Existing Member?

Whirlwind Eurotrip #3

Whirlwind Europe #1, #2

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 3 May 2014 | Views [86] | Scholarship Entry

I have spent the past 2 June/July breaks in Europe. The first with my best friend was my first overseas trip and involved such adventures as spending 3 days on a boat, skinny dipping at 5am in Mykonos with a group of 20 and a masquerade party in Venice where I had one too many jug cocktails and ended up spilling one and creating a skating rink on the dance floor.

The second Eurotrip was a venture with my now ex-boyfriend which involved more meaningful activities like visiting the site of the 90s massacre of muslim men, visiting Anne Franks house, Hitler's old bunker and a concentration camp, which was very solemn. We also had the insane experience of meeting his birth mother on this trip and a whole family he had never met in the Belfast countryside (he was adopted). To tell that story would be too long, it was the most cherished experience of his and my life.

My third running Euro trip would be a solo venture meeting new and interesting people.. What is left to do you ask? Well now that I know my bearings of Europe, I know where the stories are, from the most crazy bars in Germany made out of post-war ruined homes, to the wacky op-shops in Paris back streets and proper english villages in London by day that turn into rave towns by night. I KNOW WHERE IT IS AT AND I AM THE ONE TO COVER IT!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About wordonthestreetpress


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.