Existing Member?

Meditation

a hidden place

EGYPT | Wednesday, 16 April 2014 | Views [233] | Scholarship Entry

A little habit of mine is to walk around without a purpose looking for a place that could take my attention and from that point i start to ask questions about. This is the story of how i found about an ancient mosque in Cairo called Ibn tolon. as i said i was walking but this time in the ancient part of Cairo when i found a place with a large minaret and stairs go around it reaching the top. when i first entered the mosque i was amazed by how large it was and later on i knew that till 19th century it was the largest mosque in Egypt. what really amazed me the decorations that returns to over a thousand year and still expressing beauty. I went over the minaret and i saw a view all over Cairo i shall never forget. after that visit i asked a lot about that place only few could answer me and even those who answered just knew about it but never visited it. I'm sure that every country and every city has its own hidden treasure and that is the job of those who like the adventure and travelling to find those places and express their beauty in words that would make the reader want to go through a similar adventure. I'm looking forward to a new adventure that could amaze me more.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About word


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.