Existing Member?

Wonder girl

Wonder girl

EGYPT | Monday, 12 May 2014 | Views [144] | Scholarship Entry

Wonder girl

Fourteen hours by train made me realized that I choose right heading to a unique and isolated place to start writing my next book. I always wanted to go there. I call it "the land of melted chocolate". Their words were so sweet like nice chewy gums that they keep on chewing enjoying pronouncing them.
A very hot breath of an angry dragon was waiting for me as soon as i stepped out of the train .The sun has no mercy on my poor soul but that didn't lessen my enthusiasm, i took one of my shirts as a cover for my head and smiled to everyone that passed by me.She was the owner`s daughter of my small room that am going to stay in. She was a girl with skin dipped in chocolate, wide curious eyes, awesome smile with white teeth that greeted me, she was wearing a dress dotted with sad flowers unlike her smile. A whiff of a perfumed veil that she was wearing led me cheery winds were tickling my face as soon as we opened the door. She was wearing lots of perfume which I found weird and usual as she was a girl living in a ruler community. She replied "Listen! When girls break their hearts, they smell, the smell of sadness.I try to cover it up by perfumes. She was one step ahead while we crossed the path of colored rocks she stopped, lingered on and uttered audibly " You know in our village there was a story about a girl, everyone loved her but she never fell in love not even for once, when she lost hope, she faked love and pretended that she was falling for them, she took them back to her place, killed them and swallowed their hearts. Everyone was judging and hating her, I never did. I sympathized with her, she might have been searching for that extra beat or was looking for a replacement for her heart, a girl gotta live! Have mercy! ".She laughed loudly and said: "My mum once told me that I got her vicious spirit and look like her ". We heard some noises of clapping she smiled " There's a close weeding .We Egyptian girls are born with dancing genes". She rocked herself back and forth with a certain gust look on her face .I joined her copying her moves while drops of sweat were accelerating on my backbone. I felt that she was shaking away all the pieces of her broken heart, all her inner demons and all the sorrow .I could no longer hear the sounds, and they became so distant to me. I danced. danced till my lips became heavier; my senses float around my head and fade away. When I looked at her face i only found a look of content that can`t be replaced.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About wondergirl


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.