Existing Member?

wishafish This is my BIG adventure

Seeing Hands

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 5 March 2006 | Views [744] | Comments [3]

Deb and I went over to the Seeing Hand for our massages after lunch. My masseuse was named Sotey. I was curious as to why he was blind but I didn't know if it was polite to ask. The place doesn't look like much from the outside, and didn't look much better inside. The front entrance was open to the street. It looked like a concrete room with a desk and two plastic chairs. An old gramdma lady told us to sit down so we could wait our turn. While we were waiting an Australian came in for his massage. He was the most peculiar looking man, with tattoos all up and down his legs. When it was our turn we were shown into a larger room, given a pair of rather too large pajamas, and told to change behind curtains. There were four tables in the room where other people were currently getting massages. When a table became free, our masseuse had us lie down.

Up to this point I wasn't very impressed. The one thing it had in it's favor was the massage room was air conditioned. I've never had a massage before, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but this massage felt wonderful. I didn't know how stiff and sore I was from the flight until I wasn't sore anymore. I would recommend this place to anyone!

After our massage we took a ride in a little motorcyle cab. The motorcyle pulls this little wagon with seats in it. Ours was covered so we were in the shade and with the breeze from the ride it was very refreshing. We went to the Center for Disable Persons, which was open even though it is Sunday. It was a little frightening riding in the motocab, as there don't seem to be any traffic rules. Mostly, everyone keeps to one side or the other on the road, but every now and then someone will just drive the wrong way. There are lanes painted on the road, but everyone treats them as a suggestion, instead of a rule. They just go where they want to without any regard for traffic rules. Our driver seemed very concerned that we keep our cameras out of sight and hand onto our purses, as people will just grab them away from you. It was probably a very stupid thing to do, riding the motocab, but it was fun!

I'm very tired but having a wonderful time.

Tags: I should have known better!

Comments

1

Glad your having a good time, I love you

  Brittany Mar 6, 2006 5:27 AM

2

Just to let you know that if it's 12pm there it's 12am here. Thought you wanted to know. It's kind cool, really easy to remember.

  brittany Mar 6, 2006 5:50 AM

3

Sounds like you are having a great time. Enjoy the experience, hopefully, you'll never go back again!! HAHA Take care girlfriend, don't talk to terrorists.

  Mary Grace Mar 7, 2006 7:59 AM

About wishafish


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.