Existing Member?

...and that's a lot to know about Italy

Running through Florence

ITALY | Wednesday, 7 February 2007 | Views [697]

Ciao! Well this weekend was pretty low key compared to last weekend. It started out with going for my first run since I’ve been in Florence. I ran along the edge of the Arno River which is about 3 blocks from my apartment. I ran farther than I’ve ever walked in that direction so it was neat to see new scenery. Going for a run and staying in Florence for the weekend really helped to make it feel more like home, which I can admit has still not really happened. Nevertheless, its pretty cool to be able to call Florence my home for the next few months. On the 9th I will have been here for a month already… wow, time is flying by! This next weekend I’m off to Pompeii and Naples on a program overnight trip and then the weekend after that I’ll be in Venice during Carnivale, which is similar to Mardi Gras, over my 21st birthday! This last Thursday my roommate Katie and I and some friends climbed to the top of the Duomo which is Florence’s Cathedral. It is about 3 blocks north of our apartment and climbing to the top was quite an exercise but totally worth it. And don’t worry, we rewarded ourselves and cooled off with some gelato after the big climb! So check out the pictures from the view from the top of the Duomo and some other misc. from the weekend.

Tags: Relaxation

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.