Existing Member?

Travel with me

A nomad's guide to New Zealand

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 7 November 2017 | Views [456]

New Zealand is a wonderful place to live and work. There are many people who are willing to shift to New Zealand simply because it is one of the most peaceful places in this world. Apart from being peaceful, there are many things one should keep in mind while traveling to New Zealand. I have listed them below for your convenience.

 

1. Accommodation

While traveling to New Zealand, you can book a private room, but hostel dorms are not a bad option too. You cannot expect free WiFi in your hostel dorms, but you’ll cut down on your expenses significantly. Shared accommodation is even an option if you opt for Airbnb. Lastly, you can even look at campgrounds that are widespread across the country at an extremely affordable price. If you’re a digital Nomad, you should any of the above-noted options, except private rooms, to save on the cost factor.

2. Transportation

Moving from any part of this world to New Zealand can be a great experience if you look for the right deals. However, moving around in New Zealand can be a challenge if you’re not comfortable with the local bus rides. In this case, you can consider self-drive options available at First Light Travel and make sure that you travel as per your plans. However, if you’re willing to opt for other right options, you’ll get around the beautiful country without paying too much for it.

 

3. Free Wi-Fi

If you have not opted for a private room, it is possible that you’ll find it difficult to look for Wi-Fi around. Internet in New Zealand is slow and unfortunately expensive. However, if you’re willing to spend time in libraries and places like McDonald's, you'll get free WiFi. In this case, you should remember that if the Internet is free, you need to be careful with the type of data you share with others, safety should be your priority and you should keep it in mind while using the Internet.

 

4. Develop some cooking skills

Don't expect that you’ll eat out daily because it is expensive and will end up spending a decent chunk of your entire travel budget on food. This is not a smart thing to do, and so we suggest that you should start to develop cooking skills to survive in New Zealand without paying too much for it. Groceries are available at an extremely affordable price, and so it shouldn't be a problem for you to enjoy cooking your meals.

Tags: accommodations, tips, trekking

About willstories


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.