Existing Member?

One step closer I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. ~Robert Louis Stevenson

Leaving NZ

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 10 November 2007 | Views [633]

The road goes ever on and on, Down from the door where it began, Now far ahead the road has gone, and I must pursue it with weary feet, untill some larger way, where many paths and errands meet, whither then I cannot say.

The road is life and I'm back on it.  It's a great feeling to be travelling again.  Denuded of all the clutter that you manage to accumulate; just a backpack and my prattling mind to accompany myself.  In accordance with my generous nature i'm even going to share some of this idle prattling, experiences and ancedotes that you can read here on this journal if you so wish.

I'm in Auckland at present after driving up from the Waikato in the centre of the north Island. The day has finally arrived when i don't have to wake up 4:30 in the morning - ahh heaven.  Proud of the fact that I managed to drive my car around for 3 months with out a Rego (tax) or WOF (MOT) and not get caught.  Sadly this meant my car was worthless.  Coming in to the outskirts of Auckland i was weighing up the possible ways to get rid of the car. To leave it at the airport or give it to a scrappies?  Deciding the latter was a good bet I went into a shell garage to ask for the nearest one.  The guy behind the counter didn't know of one but said he would take it off me. " Just leave the car there and the  key in the ignition".  "Sweet cuzzie bro" I says in my Kiwi vernacular, problem sorted.  Then train in to Auckland to party. 

We met some English people recently moved over here who say I now have a Kiwi twang to my accent.  Countered by the Kiwis who say it still sounds identifiably English.   So my accent is in Limbo hovering somewhere between NZ and England.

I currently have a hangover which will be of no great suprise to you; after saying good bye to NZ party style in  Auckland last night.  Had a great night chatting to some of the locals after ending up in a unbiquos Irish bar.  The only bad side effect is that drink, sleep deprivation from dairy farming and Malaria tablets do not provide the most refreshing cocktail. ughh.

Have to go now to catch the plane to Singapore.  See you guys soon.

Tags: Party time

About willd

Jammi' on the Uke

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.