Existing Member?

seeing through ... tasting in... a world of truth

My Scholarship entry - A local encounter that changed my life

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 29 March 2012 | Views [112] | Scholarship Entry

i have lived 58 years in this all-giving earth.. I have trailed on poverty from grade school through college but have overcome all these through education. I studied hard even if i know my math is not that good. I lived and studied and traveled all over japan for four years. that was when I got to understand better the japanese way of living. in contrast to my life in my country (the Philippines), i found living in this country to be very practical and functional. I learned to love their fresh food a revelation that they want everything fresh and neat. They appreciate more eating of vegetables because they are nature lovers. A small space of land is filled with naturally planted vegetables and even rice. Oh how they celebrate sakura blossoming in April. After each event it is amazing to see the place so neat again as if nothing has been happening. They throw every piece of gomi in a plastic bag and bring these home. Food is so simple yet they fully appreciate its aroma and taste and its presentation. People are courteous. I love Japan. As a scholar at Tsukuba University for 4 years, I have gotten used to living and staying there. In April, rows and rows of tulips blossom in the park nearby my university. When i take the train in autumn i see persimmon without leaves all tangerine colored from afar. So beautiful is Japan That is why I want to go there again. I felt so bad when there was tsunami because my university is very near the place. These days i cannot forget the culture of the people their living style especially their food and the warmth accommodation I have with professors, my tutor and my classmates. God bless Japan forever!

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About wilhelene


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.