Existing Member?

International Adventures...and some closer to home!

The Help - Movie Review

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 6 September 2011 | Views [1502]

On sunday night I went with friends and saw 'The Help.' I'm yet to read teh book, but I found the movie moving and inspirational.

I was fascinated by the extraoadinary women who lead in this film - Abelline, Skeeter & Tilly. The courage, strength and wisdom exhibited by Abelline and Tilly emphasised the importance of the role Skeeter has in writing one of the first novels of stories from black women. Skeeter practices and preaches understanding of social inequalities and injustice. She stands up to those as she finds her feet as to who she is. As much a journey of self - discovery for Skeeter as for the maids who are sharing their stories.

I was moved and inspired by one woman working with those who exist side by side but in a very different world. Her ideas and dreams enabled the disparring of the negative image of those employed by 'whites,' a new form of empathy and empowerment made possible through the shredding of prejudices by actively pursuing and publisheng stories thus enabling unheard voices.

About wildchildhannah

amazon boat trip

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.