Existing Member?

Prague through eyes and emotions

Vyšehrad castle

CZECH REPUBLIC | Tuesday, 19 May 2015 | Views [130] | Scholarship Entry

I would like to describe the castle Vyšehrad, which I visited in the beginning of October 2013. The weather was astonishing. Sun was everywhere, covering a huge area around castle, sending glimmering on the river, and highlighting majestic castle.
There were some benches around, which had the name of Vyšehrad. I hadn’t seen such names on benches before:) Then I saw the main entrance to the territory of Vyšehrad and the board, informing about the toilet near it. And just near this board and the toilet itself, there was a marvelous statue of a boy with three arrows in it. I suppose this statue has a religious character because of a cross behind it, roped hands and brave facial expression. Strange, isn’t it?
Stepping on the area of Vyšehrad, I saw the cemetery on the left, huge park area on the right and a massive breathtaking gothic castle just in front of me. I made some photos from different sides, trying to show its power on photos. Interior inside the castle was not so impressive as outside architecture that’s why I was not for a long time there.
Firstly, I went to the park. There were many unusual statues with delicate workmanship, which reproduced in details not only the beauty of human bodies, their clothes, but also their emotion, feelings and some scenes of real life. The whole park itself was very clean, peaceful, in spite of people around, well-tended, receiving sunbeams and beckoning to sit on its lettuce green wide fields. There were some unobtrusive fast food tents for visitors, which proposed tasty traditional Czech meals, tea, coffee and hot wine even for very acceptable price.
After little break of meditation on the field, I headed towards cemetery. The cemetery itself wasn’t very glorious, but the atmosphere. It contains the remains of many famous people from Czech history. Walking among graves, listening earthshaking sound of bells from towers of sanctuary, looking on the reproduced history of some great people on the walls of special stone line around the cemetery, you will feel the atmosphere of ancient times unconsciously. It comes as a wave to you when you for example decided to go back to the shore after swimming in the storming sea – unexpectedly, knocking you down.
I also found a little hidden museum, as catacombs, where I could read the story of Vyšehrad with some expositions and creaking atmospheric door:)
If I go there second time, I will spend more time inside the sanctuary for more detailed investigation.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About what_a_beautiful_life


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.