Existing Member?

Moose Hunt

Mahone Bay

CANADA | Saturday, 26 July 2008 | Views [199]

Travelled to Mahone Bay, with another English guy called Mike. We were picked up from Halifax by Greg (arious), the larger than life Kiwi owner of the Mahone backpacker hostel.  Who regaled us with a barrage of information during the 100km journey, interspersed with regular comments of interesting eh? To which we dutifully replied it was indeed interesting.

Mahone Bay backpackers is a really nice place to stay, very relaxed and rule free and Greg and his family are extremely helpful and entertaining.

Spent the next couple of days kayaking and cycling in the Mahone Bay and Lunenburg area, together with Mike and a couple of other English travellers, Rachel and Jamie.  Nice scenery, typical Nova Scotian landscapes of small fishing villages, brightly covered houses and clear sea.

Got a lift back to Halifax on Wednesday 30th July together with Rachel and Jamie and out for a few beers and massive plate of nachos at Economy Shoe Shop on Argyll St.

About wezza37


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.