Existing Member?

Vietnam 2012 Look once, look twice, look three times, pray and cross the street.

26th June - Hoi An

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 26 June 2012 | Views [279]

After breakfast we headed to meet Kevin's lady near Ancient House to pick up our motor bikes. Cost $5 each bike for a day. Booked them for 9 days. It is always a problem getting a helmet big enough to fit Kevin's head. We then went down to the river to get petrol as they were bone dry. Kevin couldn't get the petrol cap off and so the attendant did it for him. We then headed along the river to the bridge where we left the bikes. Again Kevin couldn't get the seat up to put his helmet away so he put it in mine. We wondered around the market area and went to say hi to Miss Forget Me Not - our tailor but she wasn't there. Went across to the shoe market to say hi to Thanh and Kevin ended up looking at a pair of casual slip on shoes. Ordered after much deliberation on the price - settled on $30. Arranged to go back the next day at 4.00pm for pickup/fitting. Wondered back down towards the river as Kevin wanted to get a light cotton shirt as the T Shirts are just too thick for the hot temperatures. Today it was 36C and a little overcast so it was quite pleasant.Bought some ice trays at hardware store!!! Went into a shop by the river and I bought 2 x silk/cotton shirts with some embroidery for $6 each and Kevin got 2 x light cotton / cheese cloth shirts. We then went next door where I saw some dresses that I liked. The lady started at 450,000 dong each but I ended up getting 2 for 400,000 (ie $20). Kevin also decided he liked the cotton / cheese cloth shirts in this shop better so her bought another 2. Headed back to the hotel for lunch. Kevin went off to An Bang Beach on the motorbike for a few hours and I had arranged for a massage in the hotel. Spent some time with Vang talking about her son Anh and I gave her some toys - Sylvester the Cat, Roger Rabbit and ME with arms and legs. Late in the day we decided to have a few beers and Heineken cans are only $1 each so we cleaned up a 6 pack. Went to Streets Restaurant for dinner. This is a restaurant that takes under privilege kids and teaches them to cook / wait etc. Kevin had a chicken curry and yes you got it - it was teh best he has ever tasted!! An American lady was hostess that supervised the kids.  

About wendy-kevin


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.