Existing Member?

Vietnam 2012 Look once, look twice, look three times, pray and cross the street.

23rd June - Nha Trang

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 23 June 2012 | Views [301]

Breakfast at hotel and then headed to Louisiane Brewhouse for a day of lounging by the pool and swimming in the sea. Kevin was a big wuss and wouldn't go above waist height in the sea because he said it was too cold. What a load of bunkin, it was lovely and calm this morning and as the day went by it got a little choppy as the wind came up. Spoke with a lady from England, Jane who has lived here in Nha Trang for 3 years with her husband. The live at the top of a guest house and pay $10 night and can live on $1,000 a month. Also spoke with an Aussie couple Robert and Donna from pt Macquarie who do a lot of traveling throughout Asia. They book cheap flights through Air Asia and accommodation through Agoda. As it is a Saturday there were a lot of Vietnamese at the beach as today was a special religious day.  Headed home about 5ish and found we had both gained some more lobster colour. Went to Veranda Restaurant for tea and then dropped in to Jennie's bar for a few more beers on the way home. Jennie is 25 yo Accounting Graduate who is unable to get a job so she has decided to build holiday apartments next door to her mum Kim. Kim is ex army librarian. Very friendly people who looked after Kevin when I headed home and plied him with beers. Back at hotel while I was updating our blog the power goes out. It is 10 o'clock at night and no-one at hotel speaking english. Went back to Jennies to get Kevin and Kim says due to hot weather they have cut power to parts of the grid just like they do in Adelaide. One hour later the power is back on and we can get to our rooms. 

About wendy-kevin


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.