Existing Member?

CURRIE ON TRAVELLING JANUARY 2008 IN FRANCE HOLLAND & GERMANY WITH FAMILY & FRIENDS

River Cruise - Singapore

SINGAPORE | Sunday, 30 December 2007 | Views [289]

Resolutely turned our backs on the hotel dining room today and headed down to the foodhall in Suntec mall.   Wen went Indian at What You Do Pratas, with fresh cooked prata with egg cheese onion and mushroom and a bowl of spicey peanut sauce.   Len hitte Toast Box for a sort of coconut cream toasted sandwich and two boiled eggs.   Both delicious and a fraction of the cost of Pan Pacific breakfast.

Today ended up as a river day, when a stroll by the river led to an impulse purchase of a great cruise.   Chugged under many bridges to be crossed on foot later in the day.   Panoramic camera went into overdrive.   Eventually wandered back to PanPacific (which generously allows 3.00 pm checkouts) and found the window at the end of our corridor gave a great view of the rivermouth and straits crowded with sea vessels behind, all voiewed through the spokes of the monster multistorey ferris wheell which alkthough not yet operational is sold out for its first 3 months!

River seemed to come from above for a coups of teeming hours, but it fined up to allow us to head back to the Museum of Asian Civilisations (a discovery from last visit) to see displays of the importance of the river in the development of Singapore, the reason why Dyaks hunted heads, why Chinese bureaucrats played the lute, and sundry other fascinating items.

Just time to scurry back to Suntec for Wen to try another prata before headinf off to airport to discover our application for upgrade to business had been successful.   Unexpected message from Ala to sayv she was meeting us at Ch de G airport.  Another great day.

Tags: Sightseeing

About wen_and_len


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.