Existing Member?

illneverforgetthatday

the day i travelled

SOUTH AFRICA | Friday, 25 April 2014 | Views [149] | Scholarship Entry

June, 26, 2012 the day started my journey from Limpopo to Gauteng, Pretoria. I arrived at Pretoria and didn’t have a place to stay with no friend around that I know, then later on the day I decided to book myself a room at one of the cheapest hotel for that night. I chose one of the affordable hotel around just for a night since I was going to attend couple of interviews. So I decided that I’ll only stay a night at that hotel and move closer to where I was going to attend my next interview the following day, and that was a day that I’ll never forget.
I’ll never forget that day, because it was of the bad day of my travelling as I thought I was going to be safe by the hotel. But I booked myself in the wrong place where I shouldn’t have booked. I was attacked in my room how I can’t even explain it even today. As I was preparing myself that night I never remember what happened to me as I was preparing myself for interview but only to be woken-up by room service the following day.
I’ll never forget that day, because I lost everything; from cell phone to clothes. But that incident never stopped me to attend what I wanted to attend for those couple of days even thought I was going to stay just for a night. I love travelling and meeting-up with new people from all over the world, and I’ll never forget that day.
I’ll never forget that day because I can only remember how I was saved by one of the lady and I could not even remember my name who I was for almost four days. Travelling is my passion and I grow up in the poor family and I always tell myself that one day it’ll be me travelling the world and experiencing the greatest feeling of being the best travel writer.
I’ll never forget that day, when I was told that I was drugged and my body and mind where very week. After 3 days I thought I would stop persuasion and only to find that it is just the beginning and am loving every moment despite the incident that happened. I love travelling and I’ll keep hoping to travel the world.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About welltravel


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.