Existing Member?

Reality vs My World

Achieve and Believe

CANADA | Thursday, 8 May 2014 | Views [151] | Scholarship Entry

Hey there,
My name is Irena Samantha Evangelista. I am 19 years old and damn am I so lucky to be apart of this hustle and bustle world. Let me tell you my struggles and accomplishments and how I try my best to it fit in reality's stigma. So it all started when my beautiful parents adopted me from Romania, Oradea. It's a small country in Europe and boy is it in bad condition. I was adopted at the age of 3 from my parents who are Italian but raised in Toronto, Ontario. My birth mom had me when she was about 16 or 17. She couldn't afford to support me so she left me in an orphanage. These two wonderful parents of mine tried so hard to have a baby and God told them to adopt and save someones life. My mom and dad went through 3 years of tears, frustration and emotional roller coasters because back then in 1998 the Government between Romania and Canada weren't to keen on the adoption process. My mom and dad sticked with their plan and fought hard to save me from poverty.
Now that you know a bit about me let's quickly speed up to what's going on in my life right now. I am currently going to college and working. Along with all that I am the type of girl who has her mind set on opening a new centre for kids and adults with disabilities. I want to be able to achieve my goal no matter how many hard obstacles I will go through to accomplish my dream.
Some of the struggles I go through everyday are accepting my imperfections and having confidence. I am the type to hide my feelings, and pretend to people that I am doing okay. Okay in today's world means " I am so done with everything, school, work, relationships, hate, all the nonsense I deal with". Then again being done with everything means you are so stressed but that shows you are working so hard to achieve your goal and your dreams. I love for dreams to come true the only way that will happen is to not give up, not put myself down and for sure always ask for support and help.
We all need to learn that being different from each other is what makes us all unique. If we were all the same I'm pretty damn sure that life would be so bland. Think about it, it's like living in a white cube nothing's interesting, everything is white, you're confused and you're stuck because you are the same as everyone.
Being different from one another is the reason everyone deals with stress. God made us differently so he can watch us change our behaviours, chase our dreams and live our lives the way we want to.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About welcome-to-my-reality


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.