Existing Member?

Take A Leap

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 8 October 2012 | Views [222] | Scholarship Entry

My sister and I have lived in Columbia, SC for more than a decade. In recent months, an event called First Thursday's have featured the arts in the streets of downtown Columbia. We wanted to capture an evening of activities that brought together over a thousand people. It was exciting to see people of all ages and races eating, dancing, and socializing together.

We are owners of We Connected Productions, LLC, an independent TV/Film/Video Services production company. We operate part-time, and started in our church filming drama, dance, and choir concerts. Other experiences in filmmaking include writing, directing, and producing four faith-based short films, and filming several locally produced webshows. We are currently filming and producing a project entitled "Take A Leap" where we will chronicle the lives of American Black expats. We are traveling to Italy in November and China in December of this year.

Our ambition as filmmakers/presenters is to travel internationally to film American Black expats, and experience different languages and cultures of the world. We feel that winning this scholarship will make us better storytellers and propel our travel film careers.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About weconnectedprod


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.