Existing Member?

Wayne's Adventures

Parrots on the deck.

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 13 January 2008 | Views [492]

Something that a traveller form NZ notices pretty quick is the friendliness of the fauna. Except the Crocodiles, snakes, spiders and sharks. (More about sharks in the next episode!!!)

In the 4 months since I have been here I have come close to more animals than in my 36 years in NZ.  These parrots came out after heavy rain looking for a meal. In the last 8 weeks I have had close encounters with a number of local species including a family of Kangaroos that live in the bush between us and the next neighbourhood. 

This is part of the charm of the Sunshine Coast.  The local animals and people interact without too much fuss.  The only unpleasant creature I have meet thus far is an industrious bush turkey that keeps making a mess of the property with his nest building duties.  I was under instructions to discreetly dispatch him, but I found out they are a protected species.  Typical, which "tree hugger" decided to find the most annoying and useless creature God ever made and make it a serious offense to do it any harm.  

Tags: Relaxation

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.