Existing Member?

Global Road Rhythms

My private Wordpress/Bluehost hell

USA | Monday, 29 August 2016 | Views [309]

 

I lost my ability to access the administration page on my Wordpress web site this morning after a foulup last night trying to download photos to my camera. I couldn't get any satisfaction from Wordpress or Bluetooth, both of whom promise when you sign up that it is oh-so-easy to manage these things. Phooey!

I sought help from a private service that wanted $99 to fix the problem, thought about it, and finally decided to hell with them both. I'm going to use this site supplied by my insurance company, World Nomads, to continue the blog instead.

Even so, this first month I've found that the web site is taking too much time, so I think photos, videos and shorter posts may be the future of this venture, while I have more fun actually doing things rather than writing about them.

The only problem now is that I don't have a way to let anyone know who's been following me so far that I'm here now and not on the wordpress site, which will apparently stay online with what I've produced so far but with nothing new. But I'll just contact the few that I know are watching to let them know what's happening.

It's actually good timing since today ends the successful East Coast (U.S.) swing of my journeys and tomorrow I fly to Guatemala to begin the international tour. I'm still excited though sorry about the web site which I'd invested a lot of time and money with. C'est la vie, heh?

Shortly on this site I'll be posting some photos and impressions of Miami where I've spent the past few days really enjoying myself.

Then next stop, Guatemala City, for some Spanish and salsa lessons. Hasta la vista, mi amigos!

 

Tags: u.s. swing

About watamatayu

https://drive.google.com/drive/recent?ths=true

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.