Existing Member?

Volunteering in Cambodia

November 1 2010-Trying to learn Khmer and teach English

CAMBODIA | Monday, 1 November 2010 | Views [282]

Yesterday was quite breezy. I stayed in to do some reading, while the other volunteers went to the Royal Palace as I had been there last year. I went to the Sorya Shopping Centre. 

When they came back, more volunteers arrived. So far there is a British and American girl, one guy from Canada and 3 girls from Australia, from Glen Waverley, Sydney and the other from Canberra. Dinner was on the rooftop and it was so great to share interesting conversations with these like minded people. All in all, we were quite over overwhelmed by the root of the root of the problems in the world. A couple of them were not working or studying in the area but the others including myself had studied in the international development or health area. Earlier in the day, I helped with one of the guesthouse staff member's English. He was 20 years old and stopped school at 17, I didn't ask why but was still interested in learning English as it would be useful for him to getting a better job. Today I will go to the Russian Market with everyone. Looking forward to orientation tomorrow. More volunteers arrived tonight. One guy from Philedelphia, US and one from Sydney, a policeman!

About wasabi


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.