Existing Member?

World Travels An English-native-speaking expatriate, Warren Rodwell has lived in Asia for most of this century; having taught university in China, and written / edited hardcopy magazines. World travels include: UK-Europe-Middle East-Asia-Australia and Latin America

Nepal-Tibet Overland

NEPAL | Saturday, 14 February 2004 | Views [554]

Tibet remains one of the most interesting, remote and undeveloped parts of the world. A trip to Tibet is not for the fainthearted. Travelling can be hard, adventurous and often unpredictable.

534c5938e861759fd87b2acd6688a17e 

Due to Tibet's high altitude, travellers with a history of heart, lung or blood problems should consult a doctor before considering a visit. Others are still likely to suffer from some form of acute mountain sickness (AMS) anyway.

Travelling overland between Kathmandu and Tibet is an incredible journey in which you can see the world's highest plateau. This is a wonderful and amazing trip. Visitors should also understand that Tibet was only opened to tourism in the mid-eighties.

6ca300ab278aabc1f98d16e88501dab4

However, if you are not up for a bit of adventure, or for accommodation and amenities that may be far from perfect, then this escapade is most probably NOT for you.

The author stayed at the Kathmandu Guesthouse in the Thamel district in Nepal. No contact information is available for the  overalnd tour operators, but anyone  interested in finding out more about going overland from Kathmandu to Lhasa could try this link ...

http://www.ktmgh.com/

16dbc161ad9ebc70033a7302eb7ffc85 
79b96db7e8c9876d2ae8cadcc3da21bc 

Tags: nepal, tibet, travel, warren rodwell

About warrenr

Warren R Rodwell

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.