Existing Member?

Escape into the elusive world of Kiera

A Local Encounter that Changed my Perspective - The Aberrant Amazon

BOLIVIA | Tuesday, 16 April 2013 | Views [417] | Comments [2] | Scholarship Entry

The other animals peered down calmly as they were familiar with human presence.
Our paws touched momentarily before the understanding of our differences came into focus.
Two worlds living side by side both keeping hold of their values.

In the progressive night, the jungle floor was our playground. 
The trees cradled us and the moon lit our path home.

I nurtured a detached civilization of Bolivian jaguars amidst the enchanting Amazon rainforest. They wrote their lives down paw by paw for me to see, but as the leaves fall this life will soon change.

Untrodden soil where only soft paws had passed metamorphosed into highways of accelerated rubber paws.
The labyrinth of vines gradually mutated into an arrangement of dull, colored wires. 
Sweet, delicious oxygen from the source disappeared with a cloud of toxic dust.

I realised my new friend, the jungle cat, was far behind me.
A lesson had been learnt and my renewed paws now beat to a different path.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

Comments

1

Oh my gosh, it's Isak Dinesen's reincarnation!!

  Jody Apr 17, 2013 7:34 AM

2

*IN REPLY*
Thank you very much! What a compliment!
She was a remarkable writer.

  Kiera Apr 17, 2013 7:42 AM

About wanderlustkiera


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.