Existing Member?

Travelling happily ever after

Return, return not, return, return not...

SPAIN | Wednesday, 30 April 2014 | Views [113] | Scholarship Entry

Nothing ever made me feel dreamier than Spain, the country of my flamenco catharsis and my paella orgasmic-like sensations.

And my experience there confirmed all my expectations: the people are friendly and they speak so rapidly that my only guess is that they are always in a hurry to eat the delicious ‘tapas’ or for their siesta. Thanks to them I’ve seen Madrid like a royal city not because of the Royal Palace or the Royal Family whom I met at the Wax Museum, but for the Spanish people, who all look and act like Royal beings.

But want I want to emphasize here, more than the pleasure I felt with every glass of Sangria or every building I saw, is that Spain loved me as much as I loved it. Because at the time of my departure, I woke up and I realized that I had such a full luggage that I had to wear 3 turns of clothes and my coat was shorter than my cardigan so imagine me looking more or less like a fat homeless. Why homeless? Because when I was about to leave my room, my boot zipper blocked at the middle and I couldn’t get it off or make it look good.

Please believe me, although it still seems incredible to me to, that on my way to the airport my 30 kilo luggage broke at the subway stairs, right at Prosperidad station, to be more specific…and ironic. I thought I would die of anger or lose the flight, but I eventually got the airport. Of course, because of my zipper, I couldn’t get my boot off and the check in team told me that I have to follow the procedure and take it off or…remain there.

So, although all of me wanted to remain there, to find out why “constipado” didin’t mean “constipated” but “runny nose”, I broke my zipper, meaning my boot, and I limped thorugh the airport tunnel. To my seat. Looking like a total homeless!

But now I know that Spain tried as hard as I did to keep me there, to show me that my dream shouldn’t stop there!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About wanderlustginger


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.