Existing Member?

Escapings Abroad

getting there

CANADA | Friday, 25 November 2011 | Views [202]

so finally after 25hrs of traveling we are in the land of ice hockey, maple syrup and big logs floating in rivers. but before that our journey began on a chilly morning at 8ish back in canberra. from there we flew to sydney and then straight onto the plane to la. while on that plane i noticed the flight attendents were different from all the others had encountered before, they sseemed like real people who made mistakes on the pa and bitched about passengers when not serving drinks. the ones you normally get are so nice and smiley and perfect its almost creepy. landing in lax is not the most pleasant experience and neither is going through customs and imigration.even though we were flying straight onto canada we still had to go through all the screening and baggage claim. because we had a connecting flight we got to skip most of the line, i feel sorry for the people staying in la, they're probably still waiting to get through. after checking our bags again and changing terminals we were off to vancouver. the flight over was beautiful, mountains of white and lots of rivers and lakes. while flying over vancouver itself the first thing i noticed was that it was huge. its very spread out and all the houses are very similar. also therwe are lots of fields of purplely red things and massive logs lining the rivers. our taxi driver informed us thats how they transport the logs. being warned that we were going to freeze to death on many occasions,we were pleasantly surprised the weather is like home in winter. so now we have checked into our hostel (which i'm told is a better one than most), roasting in our room because the radiator is turned up really high. 

About wallaa


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.