Existing Member?

Walk and See_Don't Wait for Getting Escape

Sweet Escape

INDONESIA | Saturday, 3 May 2014 | Views [124] | Scholarship Entry

Who says that you need to go abroad to get a sweet escape? For me, this question is not fully right. My finest sweet escape is when I'm going to a beach, my "hidden beach". This beach is located in Jimbaran, Bali. You just need to ride your motorbike at about 15 minutes from the airport or 30 minutes from the capital city in order to reach this place. Some people name it Dream Land, might be because the place will realize the dream of paradise to whoever comes to that bay. It's pretty simple actually. White sandy beaches, friendly waves, solid rocks, green algae and huge white rocks which cover this entire beach. The first time I come here is the last time I say goodbye. It was a sunny day in the middle of school holiday. It's windy but a bit hot and humid. My friend and I went to the beach accidentally. We were so stiff by our routines and need to take a break for a while. And that's when our decision fell directly to this sanctuary. When we arrived there, it was 4 P.M in the afternoon, the sun was still raising so bright, but it didn't change our will to loosen up our nerves. As we arrived, we built sand castle, swam recklessly, splashed salty water toward each other as well as waited patiently to see the best and the most beautiful panorama on earth; the sunset. I love sunset. Even, if I write it here, it's still not enough to express my keen on this simple yet remarkable view. Without noticing, the sun slowly embraced the horizon. Orange, red and purple started to paint the blue sky. We really enjoyed the moment when the sun set slowly to its home and left such a magnificent color bias in the sky. We took photos and enjoyed this fresh atmosphere till the sun left the day and the moon raised within the black night. Such a great and enjoyable moment to remember yet not to be forgotten. Today, when I close my eyes, I still can remember the sea breeze that swept my hair, the smell of the salty water and the sound of the sea waves which raced to reach the shore. I want people to know this globe paradise and let them feel and judge by themselves. I want people to know that God is the Greatest of the Greatest. God is here. He is everywhere and we can see it through its fabulous creation.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About walk_see


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.