Existing Member?

A documentary on Hindu community in Pakistan

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Wednesday, 15 June 2011 | Views [1795] | Comments [9] | Scholarship Entry

I started out with a clear thought on making small documentary on the plight of a underprivileged low cast Hindu Family living in the presumably a very hostile society, Pakistan” which is more and more being propagated by media as one of the society with extreme views and as intolerant nation.

Once I started talking to the head of the family to find out how they cope with all these challenges in a declared enemy state, I was genuinely astonished to see his take on all this.

With focus and commitment to bring into use all my creative potentials and professional skills, I am pursuing my career as a documentary film maker with ambition to learn more advanced techniques to create thought provoking informative documentaries. I am sure that with this scholarship, I will find an opportunity to get access to learning in a highly professional environment. Adventure is fun for me :)

Tags: #2011Video, Travel Documentary Scholarship 2011

Comments

1

Brilliant. A very interesting and rare take on Hindu community in Pakistan. I was very happy to hear what he said about Pakistan giving freedom to all these things- and I hope the whole nation follows suit to how he described Pakistan.

  Mobeen Ansari Jun 21, 2011 4:39 AM

2

i never knew about the circumstances of hindus living in pakistan....nice documentary...

  fauzia Jun 21, 2011 4:52 AM

3

An eye opener for all of us indeed. Sad to see Hindus live in such conditions in our country when we don't think twice to tell the world how Muslims are being treated around the world, especially India, how they are looked down upon. Its time we take a step to make things right! Excellent documentary!

  Akhter Iqbal Jun 22, 2011 3:56 AM

4

Excellent work fatima , Its a very interesting subject and you got the point across. Keep it up! and I am looking forward to more work from your side soon :)

  Fahad Bhatti Jun 22, 2011 3:56 AM

5

The film document and depict the living of a minority Hindu Community in Pakistan, where they are given their rights and equal freedom. I appreciate the good work of the film maker. Such films needs to be made to promote the minority rights in the world.

  Rabnawaz Khan Jun 22, 2011 3:55 PM

6

Good overlay of video with dialogue and sound. The topic was great since this is something we aren't even aware of in general and this is something that people need to see. It's quite powerful and personal too. Technically this is a really sound documentary as well! I'm impressed!

  Numair Abbas Jun 22, 2011 5:54 PM

7

its amazing and very nice doocumentry that has revealed the rights of minorities which they should be given whole-heartedly

  areeba zehra Jun 23, 2011 4:31 AM

8

Excellent sense of film..paradoxical subject, good flow, timely climaxes and a nice fade to end... .

  Sarmad Hashmi Jun 24, 2011 1:38 AM

9

I am really thrilled to see such a very good documentary, It is amazing and extremely nice ,,,,,,,the minorities in Pakistan need much better treatment....this documentary will even help at the Govt;level high officials and politicians to pay proper attention in taking immediate steps to improve the conditions of Minority/low cast Hindues ...it has good flow and logical ending....very well done....


  Syed Bokhari Jun 24, 2011 4:25 PM

About wajeehazaidi


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.