Existing Member?

On The Road This is a work in progress of past adventures, after the trips have come and gone. I travel every 11 weeks for 18 days, and love to give back to the travel community with information that may help others have a great adventure of their own!

Mexico City / Puebla / Oaxaca / Pacific Coast / Puerto Vallarta

CANADA | Thursday, 17 December 2009 | Views [396]

Mexico City-Puebla-Oaxaca-Puerto Escondido-Acapulco-Zijuatenejo-Puerto Vallarta

Arrived in Mexico City around 8pm and went by taxi to the immaculate Casa Gonzalez in the Zona Rosa. Amazing guesthouse, with plenty of little patios all around the enclosed property.

 

Partied in the Zona Rosa until 2am and then to bed. Overnight Mexico City.

 

Next morning, took a bus from the main bus terminal to Puebla. Toured around the zocalo and did some shopping. Ate out in the zocalo in the evening, overnight Puebla. 

 

Took a bus to Oaxaca. Got a place in the centre of the city. Toured the central part of the city on day one. Overnight Oaxaca. The second day, we took the bus up to Monte Alban, and toured the ruins high above the city. Beautiful. 

 

Took a minibus along a very windy road from Oaxaca to Puerto Escondido on the Pacific coast (7 hours). Lovely little town with nice beaches. Stayed at a nice hotel on the main street. Did some snorkelling for a couple of hours. Ate some great food. 

 

From Puerto Escondido, took a bus to Acapulco. Two overnights in Acapulco. 

 

From Acapulco, took a bus to Zihuatenejo. Overnight Zihuatenejo.

 

From Zihuatenejo, took a bus to Puerto Vallarta via Guadalajara (due to the busy holiday season, there were no tickets left for the coast bus direct to PV). 

 

Spent the last 7 days in Puerto Vallarta, one of my favorite places in Mexico.

 

Flew back to Vancouver via Mexico City (one night in Mexico City).

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.