Existing Member?

On The Road This is a work in progress of past adventures, after the trips have come and gone. I travel every 11 weeks for 18 days, and love to give back to the travel community with information that may help others have a great adventure of their own!

Costa Rica & Nicaragua

COSTA RICA | Wednesday, 15 March 2006 | Views [612]

March–April 2006

Liberia, CR - Granada, Nic - Leon - San Juan del Sur - Ometepe Island - Liberia, CR

Flew from Vancouver (Canada) to Liberia, Costa Rica. Stayed for 3 days to enjoy the beach. Headed up to Granada, Nicaragua after walking across the border. Be aware of money-changers on the minibus (know your exchange rate and count your money). Enjoyed this lovely colonial town. From here, I headed on to Leon, Nicaragua, which was interesting. Spent two days here. Continued on to San Juan del Sur on the coast. A nice laid-back town. Swam a bit, and took some Spanish lessons by the hour. From here, I continued on to Ometepe Island. The boat ride was extremely rough. Loved the relaxed feeling here. From Ometepe Island, returned to Liberia, Costa Rica for an evening and flew back to Vancouver.

 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.