Existing Member?

Persistenta memorii

Lake of Fimon, Vicenza

ITALY | Wednesday, 27 May 2015 | Views [148] | Scholarship Entry

Literally and limpidly, lake of Fimon, defined as specchio d’acqua in Italian [mirror of water/water mirror]. Where is this hidden, crystalline diamond buried? In the pure, primordial province of Vicenza (northern Italy, about 60 km west of Venice), the city of Palladio, the famous Renaissance architect.
Lake of Fimon is surrounded by green giants guarding it from time immemorial, and they will make sure you feel natural, healthy and shadowed from any trouble in your life. They are evergreen together with the everazure sky, reminding you that nature is for eternity, and thus you can have a glittering glimpse of forever and ever afterwards. Some churches standing on the shoulders of these giants will suavely say to you that time here stops forever, though momentarily. Some houses as well will tell you that here resides the palace of paradise.
I experienced many times the heaven lake of Fimon. I think the first time was during a school trip when I was in junior school. I remember the green, some animals and my mates. Echoes of souvenirs sleeping in my mind and waking up (and me) when I am tired. From that moment on, I have tasted the beauties of the lake with my family and friends. I walk it, I run it, I see it, I stop and stare at it. I realize that it seems so unmovable, so eternal as if it foreshadows the afterlife.
It is a simple, perhaps simplistic and unassuming landscape (also an experience) one can find in other particular parts of the wide web world. In other words, the reader of this mini-guide will think, “Nothing new under the sun”. And he will be almost completely right. Nevertheless, are not the simple things, views that matter the most, that are naturally pleasant to our delicate senses? Underneath the complexity of nature lies simplicity.
Simple and natural are highly underrated nowadays from many different viewpoints. Perhaps simple and natural are too accessible for many, and thus many search for something more exotic, new and exciting. I am searching for that too. If I would not, I will be a hypocrite. Explore all avenues. Be a pathfinder, a trailblazer.
Come and experience the lake of Fimon if you are in Vicenza, Padua, Venice or any other nearby city. It may not be the most sublime, most intense natural experience, but I can assure you that you will feel at least a glimpse of natural, ethereal eternity.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About vyc23


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.