Existing Member?

Starting Point

RUPA

INDIA | Monday, 5 May 2014 | Views [271] | Scholarship Entry

The kamakhya temple holds very old and traditional ritual of sacrifice of blood in the temple premises. Uma devi temple is situated in a island in between the Brahmaputra river, & in the afternoon we visited Rishi Shukracharya temple which is next to the Museum Of Art’s Guwahati.
23 rd feb started with waking up at 4:00 am because we have our bus at 6:30am. In evening around 6:30pm we reached GYPTONG stadium, Rupa, the place going to be our home for the coming 6 days. Everyone is tired, but the beauty of the place mesmerized us and made us forget everything.
The first day of tracking camp started at 5:00am. Then we clean the ground and follow the instruction of trainers to dismantle the tents and how to setup the tent. All the participants were felicitated with Kadha, which is considered as a traditional way of showing love and respect. After felicitation the Tukpen Council, Rupa performed a dancecalled as AJI LHAMU, which is also a traditional tribal dance of the tribe Tukpen. Then guest of honor and president of AMASA shri. TesringWange introduces the students about the tribe, culture, history of the place. And the program ended with a JAM DANCE by Tukpen Council which shows the story of Ramayana according to Tukpen civilization.
Today we carry our rucksack and track to Chilipam monastery which is the second biggest monastery of Asia. It took us 3 hours of continues tracking to reach that place. We all are tired so we get 1 hour to explore the Monastery and the nearby area. Then we again track for 45 minutes to reach Firong Fall where we had our lunch. And finally after a tracking of 32.6 km we reached back base camp.
The last day student were taken to Gompa temple, which is monastery at Rupa town. This day we visited Rupa town and had an interactive session with the localities. In this session we come to know about two main festivals of the tribe that is New Year which is celebrated in the month of February and continues for whole month and the second one is Khiksowa celebrated in the month of November for one week.
Everyone wants to stay there for forever but the bus was waiting and we all have to move at our usual life style. From that point onwards a journey of 11 hours started again but this time everyone is recollecting their memories of past 7 days of Rupa. The bus reached Guwahati, we said goodbye to our friends and move back to our hotel rooms.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About voyage


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.