Existing Member?

Places which should be visited

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 23 April 2012 | Views [74] | Scholarship Entry

Although Italy is a country located in the same time zone and on the same continent as Poland, where I used to live for more than 5 years and is not so far away from Ukraine-my mother country, it is very different from those countries. The differences are especially clear in the weather, after that the climate and cultural differences and customs would follow. Italy is a peninsula divided into two parts, north and south. Italians themselves say that the two parts make up almost two different countries. Personally, I had a chance yet to reach and explore only half of the "Italian boot". Chosen by me roads led me far away until to Rome. I have “tasted” half of the Italy, so my observations consider the cooler, and evidently more subdued part, the north. The first stop was at Torino. Turin is a city that emphasizes the diversity of Italian, in which daily life takes place in a separate order, governed by different rules. These include the rights of all national Festa and demonstrations in the name of or even more often against everything. It is shocking that the artists use the most unexpected (smallest) bit of space to manage it make it attractive. No wonder that before the standing cars waiting for the green light there are short scenes and plays, dances, acrobatic or circus tricks. Moreover, even when they cannot manage before the change of lights, most drivers do not begin to horn (as in Baku, Azerbaijan, where I am now), but still waiting and enjoying the show, giving some money to them time to time.
I think, the food may be the perfect excuse to embark on a tasty journey to Italy. I recommend this country both on a short holiday or a weekend trip, and for a longer stay. Especially now when most of us are watching with horror capricious mix of weather served by early spring and is a tired gray day, the solution may be to escape to the not so far away Italy. In one moment you can instantly restore vital power and charge the “batteries”.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About volter-22


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.