Existing Member?

Walk more roads. Shake more hands. Live more moments

Roadtrip - Chasing the Wind

PERU | Tuesday, 5 November 2013 | Views [269] | Scholarship Entry

In ukrainian Viter means the wind. So following the call of my family name I went to the trip around the World with no plans. At a certain point of my journey I became so overwhelmed with the feelings so I realized that I need to share them with somebody. I made the same discovery that was made by Christopher from "Into the wild": happiness is only real when shared. So I decided to share my feelings with the World.

The decision was to make travel videos. I had no experience no equipment no team, but I had passion. I spoke to my friend, who was doing wedding videos and we hit the road together with old style cassette camera. 6 months of travels resulted in gigabytes of footage. Afterwards we had to learn how to do the editing. We spent several months making endless versions of video clips trying to make it look like Discovery channel shows. Finally when everything was ready nobody could believe that the whole thing was done by a no-experience director/host, a wedding photographer, tape cassette camera and a bamboo stick acting as a dolly.

The clip is a combination of my vlogs. Original footage is in russian so I added English narrator. In the future I plan to shot in English.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About viter


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.