Existing Member?

International and unknowed family

He is my travel treasure

USA | Monday, 18 May 2015 | Views [95] | Scholarship Entry

J. was a firefighter from the US Army in 90's, living and working in Spain, where he fall in love with a Spanish women. He was divorced and had two daughters living in the USA with their mother. J. and the beautiful spanish woman get married and had a precious little girl. It all was perfect when J. had to return to USA when someone phoned him and sayed his two daughters were abandonated at a church. The spanish woman had her mother in a hospital, and she couldn't left her. The relationship got cold, and they divorced. J. would never call or see again his spanish daughter, named J.S. In 2009, J.S. try to found his father on the website, writting an announcement. Then, J.'s brother read it and told J. . J. look for his spanish daughter on Facebook, and finally found her... He said "I was so afraid I would never get to see you or talk to you. I am verry happy that we have found one another. I hope someday we will meet in person" In 2012, J.S. was 20 and found her first job in a supermarket, with the money she got, she payed the trip Barcelona-Denver for the summer, and finally, they meet in person... I'm J.S., the day I saw my father again, was the best day of my life. All the emptyness I had, were filled by the biggest hug I've never done in my life... Last year, for christmas, my father and my boyfriend payed my trip to go and see him. My father is my "travel treasure" and I wish I could spend more time with him, visiting some places in the USA...

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About visitingtheusa


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.