Existing Member?

Vi's Travels This is just somewhere to post stuff :) it's mostly for me, but you're welcome to read it too.

Day One

INDIA | Friday, 23 June 2017 | Views [672]

Hi, and welcome to my new ~travel blog~!

I'm in India for five weeks, firstly touring around for a bit, then working for a local NGO in Delhi for about a month.

ive decided to keep this blog mostly as an incentive to write things down, and as something to look back on, but you're also welcome to read it :) I'm running a few days behind, and I'm also typing on an iPad, so please excuse any typos...

 

There's not that much to report from day one, and no fancy pictures I'm afraid, but stay tuned!

 

I arrived in Delhi at about 10:30AM. It took a good hour to get out and find my bag, but there was no customs to speak of so that at least was easy (pity I threw away an almost full packet of Shapes though :( ). I was met by an Intrepid representative who took me to a car, and I was driven to a hotel (Metro View Hotel, in case anybody wanted to google it). I showered, changed and lay down for a bit, and I felt much more human afterwards. I met my room mate for the tour, Debbie, a woman from America who is traveling with her parents, and who LOVES India. Ths is her third trip.

I was pretty exhausted from almost 24 hours of travelling, and so I pretty much just bummed around for the next we hours. I did go downstairs to the lobby to change money (I still had some US dollars in my beside table from space campin year 10), and ventured outside, but quickly found it too hot for my muddled brain to handle. Ilooped back around after about two steps, and a long stare from a passing Indian guy, and went into the hotel's restaurant instead. I ordered too much food, and ate to much of it because it was so delicious.

At six o'clock, there was a meeting downstairs in the hotel where I met the rest of the tour group and Arpita, the guide. Everyone is super friendly. There's a young couple from Australia, Gabby and Tye, an American girl travelling with her dad as a graduation present, two older British women and a youngwe British girl as well.

Arpi walked us through the itinerary, and then we all went for dinner in a restaurant down the road. The food the was delicious as well, which is a trend that I can get behind. As soon as I got back to my room I fell asleep, and it was blissful.

About violet


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.