Existing Member?

Adventure Seeker

Catching a Moment - Adieu, Adieu.

USA | Thursday, 18 April 2013 | Views [105] | Scholarship Entry

I lifted my freckled face toward a grey sky. Soft rain droplets eased down my bronzed skin, and my fatigued body melted into ancient, exposed bedrock. Moments ago, I found myself racing down unknown streets, past faceless strangers, and trudging deeper into a wild and beautiful jungle. I shut my eyes, thankful for finding a canopy of dense trees protecting me from the unexpected rain shower. Humidity curled up beside me, and I rested on the elevated rock overlooking the drenched landscape. The scenery below began to transform into a melodious hypnosis, as a strong man with dark skin and eyes sauntered into a smooth rhythm projected by his weapon of choice. The saxophone seemed to mirror Mother Nature, and his musical tones were heavy as the precipitation around us, yet levitated much like the steam from the searing land. I drifted into a sweet slumber amidst a bustling concrete jungle, tuning out the exterior world as time began to loose meaning. Completely entranced by this intimate encounter of a stranger’s melodic rapture, I felt strangely protected, yet entirely exposed. I felt at home in a completely unknown world. I awoke to this man packing up his belongings. I quizzically watched him fumble and limp away, saxophone slung over his shoulder. Suddenly, he stopped and faced directly toward me. Shivers when down my spine when the man and I made eye contact. I nodded adieu, and was repaid with a toothless smile from a complete stranger within the heart of New York City.

About vintagex118


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.