Existing Member?

Vijil Family Epic Travel Adventure

Getting Ready T-5 Months

USA | Tuesday, 9 September 2014 | Views [318]

It's hard to believe by we are only 5 months out from departing on the craziest adventure that we could imagine!  Our family has always loved to travel and it seems like there is a list a mile long of the places that we want to visit, so we decided to take a huge leap and spend 2015 traveling the world.  We will be taking Hayden (currently in 3rd grade) out of school for the year and will be homeschooling him along the way.  I truely believe that he will learn more on this trip that could ever be taught in a classroom.  in addition to gaining a much better understanding of the world as a whole, I hope that he will learn to appreciate how truely lucky we are in our lives and to be grateful for everything that we have in life.

We have already started booking tickets as well as purchasing Travel Insurance.  As it stands now, our plan is to visit the following countries:

USA (Hawaii), Australia, Japan, China, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Indonisia, South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya, Egypt, Greece, Italy, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Ireland, Scotland, England, and the Azores.  CRAZY, I KNOW!!!

As I am planning the itineray, it seems like a ton of places, but it is so hard to take out such cool countries/cities that we know we may not have the chance to visit again. 

Lots of planning still to go, but at least we have started and that's the hardest part!

Tags: family rtw, getting started, planning, rtw travel, vacation

 

About vijilepicadventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.