Existing Member?

Old fashion walk

Roller Van

BRAZIL | Monday, 5 May 2014 | Views [234] | Scholarship Entry

I'll never forget the day that we leave from Mendoza, Argentina to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. We were 8 guys in a '89 Renault Traffic with one dream, drive 3500km to spend New Years holliday in Rio de Janeiro. 1 Chef, 1 Doctor, 1 Mecanic were in in the group, so a lot of problems were solved before leaving.
When we arrived Rio, we went to the airport because there was another friend of the group that was just finishing a 1 year trip around the world, so he was very happy to continue the trip with our trip.
What can i say about Rio?, probably many things. There are two Rio, the normal Rio and the one that we saw on the New Years Holliday. 2.5 million people were celebrating in Copacabana Beach, simply amazing.
As we arrived the 31st, it was imposible to find a place to stay. So for the first 4 days we parked our van and we sleep in the van and in the beach, of course one day we said that we needed a real place to crash. We rented an apartment for a few days and we met lovely people and wonderful places. Places you cant miss: Lapa (bars and beatiful people), the island of Niteroi with the beatiful museum designed by Oscar Niemeyer, the Christ of course, and the beaches of Barra de Tijuca.
Next destination, the best place on earth!!! Ilha Grande, an incredible paradise, with virgin islands, cars are forbidden and the people.. the people is so nice and friendly. 4 Days there that i will never forget. From there we move to Angra dos Reis for two lovely days sleeping in a very beatiful beach with our tents, the see, the beach and in the back of us, the jungle.
After that we hit the road again, it was time for a place with a wonderful night and beatiful beaches, Florianopolis!!. You can find a lot of small towns in Floripa, everyone have beatiful different fhings, but the people is amazing in every place.
One day we needed to go back to Argentina.., but the travel wasnt finished, we visited the lovely city of Rosario in Santa Fe and after that Rio Cuarto, Cordoba (the place with the best people ever). After a month travelling with 8 of my friends in a tiny van, we needed to go back to Mendoza and rest!!.
Every day of the trip was writting in a book that a made for my friends, with pictures and quots of relevant situations that took place on the trip.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About vidaandante


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.