Existing Member?

Height

The ascent to Mount Agung in Bali

INDONESIA | Monday, 18 May 2015 | Views [137] | Scholarship Entry

The ascent to Mount Agung in Bali
Top Agung - the highest point on Bali, which offers a beautiful view of the entire island. The path to it is not easy, so those wishing to climb the volcano is not so much, but there are still brave, and we are among them. In this article, I will talk about our conquest of Agung.
Our climb was in a Victory Day - 9th May. The team consisted of eight people, five boys and three girls. In order to overcome the test and win over the difficulties, we are enthusiastic at 20 past 10 p.m. from the temple Besakih went uphill. This route is considered holy and people who have passed it, cleared of all wrong. We started quite cheerfully, briskly passed quarter of the way and thought that, perhaps, come up early and go to sleep even at the top of a couple of hours. However, it was not so, with every kilometer road became worse. Therefore, having passed the half way, we realized that the track will be not easy. Agung huge mountain height of 3.142 meters, of course, I expect that will not be easy, but as it turned out, had no idea how much. The second half was rocky and steep climb up, had to clutch at the stones, so as not to fall.
Fatigue compensated beautiful views on the nightly Bali.
On top of all acquires a different meaning, the beauty is breathtaking. I sat tired but happy to have been able to overcome this path and go up to the end. Agung with beautiful views of the horizont and ocean, Bali and the neighboring islands, volcanoes Rinjani and Batur. The diameter of the crater Agung is 520x375 meters, surely it looks spectacular.
Having admired species we are began to descend. Although there is a perception that down harder, but for me to go back is always easier. The morning was bright and without any difficulties, we overcame kilometer after kilometer. So, come to the end, to the parking lot Besakih, sat on the motorbike and .... We did not go. Local guides pierced two wheels, because we refused their services and raised independently.
The issue we have decided for an hour, and finally went home to rest.
The way you will overcome this path depends on your health, patience and willpower.
Our team did it with dignity. Someone more tired, some less, but all united in the view that it was worth it. This experience expands view of the world, gives the opportunity to understand that you are very capable. In addition, of course, what we saw just fine, this nature will be remembered for all life!

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About victory


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.