Existing Member?

The man from the Padule

A man from the Padule

ITALY | Tuesday, 8 September 2015 | Views [223] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

One year ago I interrupted my studies in film schools because they didn't let me the freedom to make my own experiences and to earn my own money, so I started to engage myself more and more into documentaries. It felt like it was the perfect way for me to have some experiences with people I otherwise would never have the chance to get to know. I have always been very interested in humans so I started to shoot my first documentaries shorts and realized how good I felt when my work was actually doing something important to the person I was interviewing. It's all about respect and the need to understand profoundly every different reality you have to face. Thanks to the work I was doing I was actually growing myself as a human being and was creating relationships with people I would have never imagined. The most difficult part for me is always to find a crew who actually shares my vision and interest in humans. The opportunity of going in Colombia with a professional film maker is much more than a dream for me. First of all I never crossed the ocean in my life (I live in Italy) and I would never have the money to afford such a trip by my self. The second reason is that since I left school I have never stopped moving around from country to country with job excuses, like recently working for grape harvest and in corn fields all summer. Going to Colombia for me would represent the beginning of a new step in my life that would change forever the scale of my dreams and ambitions.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

Comments

1

Victor,
Nice job. I enjoyed watching this piece because it gave a great sense of your character's world and what his daily life is like.

One thing that I am particularly interested in learning more about are his fishing mechanisms. Did he build the netting system himself?

You have very solid camera work which made for a visually engaging piece overall. Congrats!

  jschiappa Sep 9, 2015 5:41 AM

About victormusetti


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.