Existing Member?

around the globe ~ new people ~ sights ~ typical food ~ foreign words ~ unforgatable emotions

From Italy with love...

ITALY | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [81] | Scholarship Entry

Young couple, holding their hands, was walking through the narrow cobblestone streets of Malcesine. It was an early morning hour, little cozy Italian town, well-known by Scaligero Castle, hadn’t been crowded yet. On the way to lake shores, they enjoyed tranquility and met only several locals. Young people found old wooden bench just in two steps from the water. They spent there almost an hour, watching hypnotizing lake waves and soaring gulls.
Alessio and Vicky got some coffee in the bar and stopped by the small local shop at the corner to get some fresh bread and typical wild boar salami. Vicky gently packed everything into the backpack and they were set out for a journey. Despite the line to the cable car, they were happy, as kids. Finally they reached Monte Baldo. The view was breathtaking … They could not say a world. Mountains were covered with haze. Huge Garda Lake became so small and so far away. The air was fresh and humid.
Alessio and Vicky picked one of the numerous guide sighs and started their walk. In five minutes they moved away from noisy people and found themselves alone with the mountains. It was incredible feeling of freedom and union with nature. They were following the path, which brought curious young people to Malga Pra Alpesina. Two gorgeous brown horses were playing with each other and galloping. This couple of noble animals looked obviously proud of their white manes.
Alessio and Vicky saw a small house located on the valley between the mountains with hand-written sign “Produzione Propria”. The man in his forties welcomed the couple. He was a local cheese producer, the small one, which you won’t find in the supermarket. They were lucky to taste some of his artisanal cheeses made from sheep, goal and cow milk. The tastes were delightful, but each differed and had own specific flavor.
It was time to turn back to the station that was away about two hours walk. Feeling of hunger made them think of settling a picnic. Alessio chose comfortable spot with a rock that served them as a table, and Vicky took out gourmet treasures from the backpack.
Evening they spent sitting on the wooden moorage and dreaming about future. The water was calm. Ducks were swimming around and expecting to be fed. She was lying in his arms and watching the sunset. While dusk was falling, Limone on the opposite lakeside lighted up house by house. It seemed like the time had stopped.
P.S. It was the first day of our Honeymoon last summer that I’ll never forget!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About vickytravel


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.