Existing Member?

Best Memories

First Travel

RUSSIAN FEDERATION | Wednesday, 6 May 2015 | Views [57] | Scholarship Entry

The main idea of traveling is to get new emotions, new experience, to find new places. Unfortunately, at this point of my life I haven’t had an opportunity to travel outside of Russia. I have been outside of my hometown three times in my life. I didn’t have an opportunity to travel abroad, but it doesn’t matter that I didn’t have an opportunity to discover.
I and my family went to one place near Novosibirsk called Beloyarka every year. Beloyarka was a place like a village, but people were coming there just to relax. In Russia such places are called “dacha”. There were a lot of people and the beach near the river was always crowded. When I was about 5 years old my dad realized that it is not great to take sunbathes around lots of people. We had a small boat, so we decided to start our “great expedition”. To say the truth journey wasn’t really long-lasting. We got to a small piece of land which was like an “island” after an hour of our “expedition”. It was the greatest island ever! It had big “Mountains of sand” I could jump right from them into a river! The best part of this “island” was that it was our “island”. There was nobody. It felt like it was the most peaceful place on the Earth. We fell in love with this place! After we found this place we were coming back to our “island” every time we wanted to be only with our friends or relatives.
Right now this place doesn’t exist. Beloyarka was closed a lot of years ago. Although I can't repeat that experience, I hope one day I will find my own “island” once again.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About vibabush


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Russian Federation

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.