Existing Member?

mexicomiamor

I heart lucha libre

MEXICO | Tuesday, 17 August 2010 | Views [1477]

Burly men in gimpish masks, strange characters borrowed from childhood comics, unadulterated use of steroids, feigned violence, colourful spandex, spray on grease, the occasional midget in a monkey suit. And a crowd which loves to cuss like a sailor. That includes the sweet little old ladies with grandsons on their laps. What's not to like? If you find it contrived, choreographed, you need to work on your gutter slang and drink more beer. Lucky for me I had a good friend to not only translate but to also feed me some choice phrases. So addicted.

Security don't let you take cameras into the arena. So be impressed people! You get frisked at the front door. But I'm sneaky and hid the camera pretty well. And once inside, you just have to be low key and not draw anyone's attention to it. Especially security. 

El Terrible - the baddies

Super Porky - the goodies. And lookit the little guy, right below the fat man's butt. Yes, that is a midget in a monkey suit.

Super porky indeed

Maximo - short, fat, gay and in heels. The coolest luchador ever?

ummmmm, are they pointing at me? oh shit. low key, low key.

Bam!

Umph!

Which is more plastic? I can't tell - this?

Or this??

quien is mas macho???

cage fighting is for wussies

lucha forever

Tags: homoerotic, lucha libre, mexico, midgets, unlawful use of spandex

About vee


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.