Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia: Van-Tastic NSW - KIRSTY AND CARLY Kirsty and Carly embark on the ultimate Aussie roadtrip as they motor around New South Wales with Van-Tastic Adventures for six action-packed, free-wheeling weeks of adventure.

PORT MACQUARIE!

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 14 October 2009 | Views [1689]

Hey there!!  Carly here.

Guess what we did in Port Macquarie? 

We went on an amazingly thrilling jet boat ride, came metres from whales (again!), and visited the koala hospital.  And the wonderful peeps at Ozzie Pozzie backpackers looked after us with a cozy place to stay.   

The jet boat ride was in PortJet’s ‘Wild Thing’, the most THRILLING jet boat ride in Aus!!!  It goes up to 90 kms an hour!!!  We went out on the river where we certainly felt the powerful G-forces.  We experienced spins of more than 360 degrees and sudden braking where we had a torrential down-pouring of river water dumped on us.  Yeeeeaahhhh.  Fun times!

The next day we went out with PortJet again, this time on a whale watching adventure.  Within minutes we saw dolphins and not much later our first whale sighting.  We were all looking out, marvelling at some whales in the distance on one side of the boat, when two emerged from the water on the other side only a couple of metres away!!!!  It was a jaw-dropping moment.  They then proceeded to swim under our boat and hang around with us for a while!

On our last day in Port Mac we went to the koala hospital, where sick and injured koalas are treated and rehabilitated before being integrated back into the wild.  Geoff took us on a ‘Feed, Walk and Talk’ tour where we saw koalas being fed and learnt about them.  Some of the most common reasons for them being admitted include infections, dog attacks and motor accidents.  The guys there do a top job.

Ozzie Pozzie Backpackers was a fab place to stay.  It was rockin with funny, crazy and nice people from all over.  We had a fun time chilling in the hammocks in their courtyard.      

Thanks Port Macquarie!

Tags: jetboat ride, koala hospital, ozzie pozzie, port macquarie, portjet, roadtrip australia, van-tastic, van-tastic adventures, vantastic nsw, whale watching

About vantasticnsw


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.