Existing Member?

up, up and about!

Pictures and Treasures

PHILIPPINES | Tuesday, 8 November 2011 | Views [587]

“You’re not a photographer; you just have an overpriced camera.” – One of the most dreaded criticism I fear. Looking back two years ago, I marched down the aisle of the commencement exercise observing people down the hall, feeling like a total stranger. It has always come to my senses that the course I finished is nowhere near my interest. Needless to say, I have a propensity for creativity that even I had barely understood except for one person whom I owe a lot for inspiring me to unleash from my conspicuous ardour towards art.

It’s nearly a year since I’ve started exploring the world there is in photography and quite frankly, there’s nothing else that comes close to the experience of seeing the breathtaking moments freeze into action. In just one click of the shutter, those splendid split seconds are stored as a capsule of memory.

Photography is about finding something extraordinary out of ordinary places and instances; it records gamut of emotions and human experiences, captures the beauty of Earth and remembers even the petty details long after we have forgotten what’s in the picture. With much consideration for my love of art and passion for life’s chronicles, photography became an extraordinary adventure to savor the fleeting tick of the moment into a memoir. The wonders that it embodies surely will fuel my enthusiasm to do better in it no matter what the odds may be because if you do something with love, then there’s no telling how far you will go.

Years from now I would look back and reiterate my journey in photography as about exploring my own adventure and discovering love along the way. That moment in time, I’d be proud to have proven that indeed I am a photographer, with a priceless pilgrimage.

Tags: travel writing scholarship 2011

About vanescer


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.