Existing Member?

A World of Rambling Tales A collection of thoughts, sights, experiences and ideas generated through the ongoing traveling extravaganza of my life and times.

Toronto Just Ain't Playa Del Carmen

CANADA | Monday, 24 March 2008 | Views [477]

Just got into Toronto at 8:00pm EST today. Go figure, I leave Playa Del Carmen, a glorious 31 degrees and sunny, spend one night in my humble High River obode and bang... the holiday is over and off I go to Toronto.

Not only is my first trip to the so called "belly button" of Canada but it has to be around -16 degrees to greet me. Well no rest for the wicked and the righteous don't need it. Just got to figure out which one or what permutation of each I actually am.

Looking forward to getting the business done over the next couple of days and aiming to be back in High River for Wednesday evening.

I just checked into my hotel room at the Hilton Airport Toronto and was nicely surprised at the renovations being finished on what I seem to refer to as my second home. The lobby is now quite modern in design and the bar and restaurant are now back into the swing of things.

Makes life easier than sneaking in through the back of the hotel as I've been doing since last fall when they began the construction. As usual, they provided me with an upgrade to a nice suite in the executive tower so I'm comfortable and will be hitting the hay early tonight.

Meetings begin early tomorrow morning but at least the first one is a breakfast meeting in the new restaurant of the hotel so I will miss out on the wonderful Toronto commute jungle.

 

About van_neste


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.